Monday 18 June 2018

Advert Evaluation.



Section 1:
We had to re brand a Unilever product to make it for a different range of people this way it could go out to a wider range of people.

the chosen product that we chose was dove as we thought it would be the easiest one to re brand as it just involved people form college. The other ones we had involved people that would of been out side of college and would of been awkward to get a hold of.

The current was like women in their 20s and 30s and we changed it to people the aged in their teens. This was so that more people would feel comfortable using dove.

Section 2:

Audience Feedback

For our audience research, we asked people to look at our advert and we got results based off them. The majority of people said they liked it (taken from a group of around 7 people).

Beth: "I really enjoyed how the advert flowed and the music that went with it. The overall idea of it was good and it made me laugh a little bit. The advert did promote the deodorant of Dove, but it did seem a little bit indie and not professional. There was also a few shaky shots and out of focus moments, but overall it did good."

Kayleigh: "The advert was not too bad. It had a couple of good moments and nice shots but the music needed room for improvements as it did not fit the advert at all."

Matty: "I didn't really like how the advert flowed and came together. It all seemed like a jumble and a bit of a mess. I did like the shots but I feel like they could have been pieced together so much better."


I gathered feedback by asking people what they thought of the advert and if they would buy it. Most people I asked knew what the advert was for and said that they would buy it or at least think about it.
See I think in a way I got the message across but no in a good way as it was rushed and the product we used wasn't visible in anyway. I think if we did it better the impact would of been better.

Again I don't think our mise-en-scene was that good as it was rushed so the stuff in the background just shows off a college and what would be in a background.

I'm not to sure if it was effective that well as like i've said it was rushed so we didn't have what we needed in the advert like they spray we used was not even a dove bottle.

I think they way we made ti look like the guy was sad until he got sprayed so it made it look like it would make people think if you smell better you live a better life.

I wanted to let people know that dove inst just for females it can be for men as well and the thing we did for that was we had a male who owned it and used it on another this way it shows that guys ain't afraid to used it.

The advert does fit regulations as no one was harmed in the advert and doesn't make people believe it will make them fly or smart. I do feel it does its job but not to the best it can as it isn't clear to what the advert is or the story behind what is happening so it looks like its just a guy gaming with no friends.

Section 3:
This Is close to what we originally wanted was a guy in a room by himself gaming an was caught by people who though he stunk and made him smell better and hung around with him.

With the film I would of redone it all as it didn't show what the advert was until the end so we needed to make what it was clearer. It also needed a story people could follow this way people would be more likely to buy the product. So for the project I filmed the entire thing while coming up with ideas that we could bring into it, so I was quite pleased with what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commissioning Process

Commissioning Script Writer This would be the person that would edit the script and would provide a very critical view of the curre...