Saturday 22 June 2019

Mesh Evaluation


The task we were given was to create a promotional video for MESH and their project cutting hedge, this meant we had to constantly communicate with the company to make sure we were meeting their needs. We spoke to Julie, who was the first to approach us about it. She asked us for help creating it and said that we could have full creative control over the project.

Storyboard / strip brought in by Julie Woods to outline project

My personal role was to help interview two people who were involved within the project. I had to interview Emma who was a councilor and Justin who worked directly with Great Yarmouth Borough council. Then to edit the interview afterwards in premier pro.


Emma Interview Still

Justin Interview Still

I really enjoyed getting to go out and work for another company off site of college as it helped us understand more of what it is like to work for a company that will show of the work for the entirety of there business. It also helped push us out of our comfort zone as we had to arrange times with people we didn’t know and ask stuff about a project we barely knew about.



The most challenging bit of it was the time limit as we were given about 2 weeks to complete filming and editing and the pre-production. So, we had to plan our time very carefully and split up the parts and give them to certain people. So, like a group did the risk assessment and another did reeces an so on.


I think I were to do this again I would like to have more time to do stuff. So not a 2 week notice of it needing to be done. But would also use more than one camera to get different angles as it would have saved time to do it this way. Also, would have liked to get more knowledge of what I was doing and where I was doing it, so the pre-production would have been a lot easier to do, like the risk assessments.


I would like to say this tasked made me understand why deadlines are important and that I am going to try to stick to them as it would save me a lot of time in the long run. It has also help me understand the importance of group work more as if I were to do this task on my own, I doubt I would of gotten it done.


Overall I think this task has helped me with the knowledge of why deadline are helpful an important and that it was a great experience with working with an outside company. I am happy that I took part in this.

Company / Organisation logos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commissioning Process

Commissioning Script Writer This would be the person that would edit the script and would provide a very critical view of the curre...